Saturday, June 20, 2009

And so it begins...

Welcome to my blog, I'm new at this, so please forgive me. So, the good news first, I'm engaged. Yes! Exciting! I know! I know.

Secondly, this man is moving in with me (being part of the usual marriage deal, that's not surprising, but he's moving in a few months ahead of the nuptials, don't tell the priest).

Third, there is no third, aside from well, he's English, I'm American and I have a Darcy fetish. I have all Jane Austen's books and I have all of the film adaptions of Pride & Prejudice, and am amassing an embarrassingly large collection of (well, shall we just call it what it is?) chicklit novels about the next chapter of Pride & Prejudice.

Pathetic. But, you know, he likes that about me. And I don't think he's totally crazy for having an obsession with Sherlock Holmes. My only knowledge of anything Sherlock is that my best friend in high school had a cat name Sherlock, and you know, he was a great cat. So, can't be all that bad.

To begin at the beginning can only be properly done with the first line of my favorite book: "It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune must be in want of a wife." (Jane Austen, Pride & Prejudice)

Can't say whether my man is in possession of a good fortune, or any fortune for that matter, but looks like he's in want of a wife...no mention there about a good wife, so I'm glad I don't have to touch on that. So, the blog will be devoted to sharing with you the details of the engagement, move in & marriage of Miss Lesley and "Mr. Darcy" and anything else I feel like adding along the way.

I have posted a picture of me and "Mr. Darcy" as our bobblehead selves, I'm in the likeness of Jane Bennet from Pride & Prejudice (hereafter to be referred to as P&P) in the Hollywood version (also known as the Kiera Knightly version) and my boyfriend's bobble was made with him as Sherlock Holmes, as it was painted by Sydney Paget. It may be that we have too much time on our hands, but it was a really fun christmas gift for both of us and they look hysterical on the mantle.

Well, that's it for now, cheers!

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure this is a really bad idea, but looking forward to seeing what on earth you're going to write...!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're hilarious. I give you the wittiest blog award.

    ReplyDelete