Sunday, February 28, 2010

Yellow Brick Road


My sisters have also had little boys, and I find it very difficult to get good baby boy quilt patterns and they seems to be about frogs and snails and puppy-dogs' tails. For this quilt for my nephew I went loud. And loud for me is really tough to do, I like soft colors and any bright reds are just against my nature, but I tried to have fun with it. I was also able to find a really fun soccer pattern for the border. My neices say that this quilt aged the best as it wasn't too baby-baby as the other two were. Good to know. Also, this quilt (as with the others) is also still on his bed. I made this quilt in 2005 I think, as that's when little Michael was 2, and two is the magic quilt year.


This quilt was made using the Yellow Brick Road pattern, which is so quick and easy! I also discovered the wonderful minkee fabric, this is the plain blue and its silky soft. Its a bit more expensive than the cottons but it comes twice as large and...its worth it!! Here are some close ups of this loud, fun and conversational fabric quilt. Puppy dogs (tails) in the rain, how cute :)

No comments:

Post a Comment